&nsbp Eyes radio lies

a vote wasted is a country lost.

With the upcoming elections, I encourage all young voters who are voting for the first time (like myself) to vote. I also hope that they will consider the actual politics, and not just what they hear in commercials and through popular opinion. It shouldn't matter which party you belong to---in my opinion, there should be no parties. After all, parties were ever only good for one thing: dividing a country and separating its people.

I call myself a moderate; however am registered as a democrat (the party who's opinion I typically lean towards). Recently, a blog I respect and admire for its positive, Christian-based message towards young adults has disappointed me greatly with counter-slander on Senator John Kerry's words in the past weekend. Although frustrating to hear political professionals stooping to the standard mudslinging.

Can't we stop this?

I ask my generation to consider it. I ask my generation to not allow pettiness to hault our nation from moving onwards and upwards. Right now, we are fighting ourselves in self-destructing circles. What is it good for a country to divide itself into these parties that sit around and complain about one another? We will go nowhere until we pick up our bags, find a compromise and move in a positive direction, doing what is best for our people and not just for specific socio-economic groups one 4 year period at a time.

Consider it. Look at each politician, figure out who you personally agree with more on their politics and policy. Learn their political history and background. Figure out who you agree with and use your vote well. Don't vote for someone only because your parents or friends like them; vote because they represent you. Don't vote for a person just because they are a democrat or republican and are the same party as you. Vote because you know the issues and care.

I will leave my political views out of this, and won't leave you with a petty cartoon that embarasses either "side" of the situation.

We're all Americans, here.